There are many tour companies visiting this iconic region but this tour offers some very important points of difference:
- Guarantee a small group of only 11 travellers in a comfortable minibus.
- Very low price for a truly small group tour, not a 24 person “small group tour”.
- All the Great Ocean Road highlights, including some that are missed on other tours.
- Dinner is included with options for all tastes and requirements. A lunch break is also included in a small town with lots of options to buy your own. Or you can bring something with you to save time and money.
- Depart at 9.00am (8.30am in winter). This means a later evening finish but this also means we travel BEHIND all the other tour buses, not WITH them! It also allows a leisurely breakfast and plenty of time to meet us at our central pickup point.
Here is just some of what is included, the journey itself is also a highlight!
- Our first stop on the Great Ocean Road is the seaside town of Anglesea. Enjoy fresh brewed coffee and cake on the beach.
- We continue this iconic road trip with stunning ocean views, photo opportunities and a stop at the Memorial Arch.
- At Lorne enjoy the views from Teddy’s Lookout, missed by the big tour buses.
- More classic Great Ocean Road views and photo stops follow before a short walk at Kennett River to see the wild koalas and colourful parrots living there.
- Lunch! We stop in Apollo Bay, a charming seaside town. It will be a late lunch break so bring some snacks if you are having an early breakfast. There’s plenty of time to buy lunch from a variety of cafes and shops and enjoy an ice cream and a wander along the beach. Maybe even a quick swim in the chilly Southern Ocean?!
- We then follow the road through the Otway National Park and include a short rainforest walk.
- Look for wild kangaroos at our secret roo viewing spot. (sightings are up to the roos and not guaranteed!)
- Then it’s the Shipwreck Coast! The world famous 12 Apostles, Gibsons Steps and Loch Ard Gorge.
- At the 12 Apostles there is the opportunity for a scenic helicopter flight at your own expense.
- On our way home via the inland highway we include a classic Aussie pub dinner.